- £200 per head.
- A subsidy of up to 50% may be available.
- At least 16 years of age
- Have some experience of playing the game and can participate in a short rally or demonstrate knowledge and understanding of what is required when playing the game
- Know and understand the technicalities required when participating in a short rally
The course will qualify the successful coach to assist a higher qualified coach working with
- Junior beginner/junior club players
- Senior beginner/social/club players in the lower levels
- The course is made up of one day, a break of a week before day 2, and then at least 2 weeks before day 3
Throughout the taught programme the theoretical “how to coach” skills are threaded through the technical and tactical “what to coach” skills, both on court and in group activities. As a result there will be many opportunities to practise and receive feedback on the coaching skills that have been learned. Assessment will take place throughout the course by the course tutor who will give plenty of opportunities to demonstrate competence in key areas. There will also be some written work throughout the course and an independent assessment at the end.